Parmesan, Roasted Garlic, and Potato Noodles
You must have heard about Italian and Vietnamese pasta but did you know you can make noodles with potatoes as well. The exciting part is that the texture and consistency of potato that comes out of a Spiral Slicer is several times better in form of noodles that conventional flour noodles that tastes refined and way too processed. Additionally, once you incorporate the seasoning and added ingredients, the taste of potatoes can be transformed into a restaurant-quality dish from very lazy noodles.
Spiralizing the potatoes will also get you more quantity visibly, a small potato can yield about 1 cup of noodles but only a hand full of cubes so if you are on diet but still want to eat more food, potato noodles are the best thing you can have (especially if you are also a potato lover like I am). Of course, it is pretty hard to totally abandon something as delicious as potatoes altogether but for the sake of calorie control and management, you can definitely control your portion size.
Some nutritional facts:
The following list reflects the nutritional value that can be obtained from the noodles prepared from a single potato.
• Saturated fat
• Monounsaturated fat
• Polyunsaturated fat
• Trans fat
• Dietary fiber
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin C
Parmesan, Roasted garlic, and Potato noodles
- Start the oven and preheat at 425°F.
- Coat the potato noodles in olive oil just after spiralizing; use your fingers to coat carefully. Spread on a baking sheet when done.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and mix to combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes when noodles starts to appear golden brown.
- Take out from oven and serve with garnished parsley and mint on top in a serving bowl.
Note: serve immediately. Additionally, here is how you can add a twist to the potato noodle recipe above:
- Prepare carrot noodles and/or zucchini noodles to add a new flavor to the recipe.
- Serve this potato noodle savory dish as an appetizer with cucumber sticks.
- Replace your mashed potatoes or fries with this delicious side-dish. Believe it, potato noodles can add a unique but healthy character to any boring meal.
These are magical if you are having a party at your place or some guests arriving unexpectedly, believe us you’ll be able to impress your guests with these amazing noodles in such a small time. What you need to do is just grab a couple of potatoes and do the spiralizing to form a healthy dish. You can have a steak or any protein as a side dish. They’ll look fresher if you’ll sprinkle some mint or parsley at the top.