Spiralizing Sweet Potatoes
It is pretty clear that very few people have a preference for sweet potatoes, especially in comparison to the traditional yellow potatoes. There are a bunch of reasons that may explain this trend, such as:
- Sweet potatoes have a unique taste quality that makes it difficult to incorporate in conventional cooking.
- A lot of people find it difficult to compliment it with other veggies, mainly because of the difference in texture.
- Seasoning and flavors usually don’t blend easily with traditional cuts and cooking practices of sweet potatoes.
This is exactly why we are here with some exceptional recipes that can help in using spiralized sweet potatoes for health benefits (and as a possible healthy and paleo alternative to regular potatoes).
Sweet Potato Noodles Served with Kale Pesto
- Prepare the sweet potato noodles by first washing them thoroughly and then peeling and spiralizing with the help of a Spiral Slicer.
- Wash the kale and chop them finely.
- Add the kale in a pan with boiling water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Combine parsley leaves, pine nuts, garlic, pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt together and process until chopped.
- Separate water and blanched kale by pressing it gently with the help of strainer, save some water for cooking noodles.
- Transfer the kale to a running food processor, pour oil slowly and a teaspoon of water (if required) and process until smooth.
- Boiled the reserved water, add noodles and cook until for 1 to 2 minutes they get soft.
- Combine the processed greens, noodles and pesto by tossing firmly.
- Serve hot along with pecorino Romano.
Curly Sweet Potato Fries Served with Chipotle Lime Aioli
- Prepare sweet potato noodles.
- Spread parchment pepper on baking sheets, spread sweet potato noodles evenly over them.
- Spray the filled baking pan with olive oil and flavor some salt and pepper.
- Place in oven preheated at 400 degree to bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until they get crispy.
- Blend Greek yogurt, chipotle pepper and lime juice together forming a puree. Taste the spices and add some if you want. You can add more liquid of the chipotle from its can if you want the sauce to be spicier.
- Serve fries with sauce and devour!!
- Prepare sweet potato noodles by carefully washing, peeling and spiralizing them.
- Place them in a food process and grind until rice like small bits.
- Take a large pan, add olive oil and place on heat. When heated, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. When sautéed, add rice like carrot bits, sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano flakes. Combine thoroughly with stirring and leave for cooking for approx. 3 minutes. Keep tossing constantly for better results.
- When the mixture is cooked, add vegetables broth and increase the heat to let it reduce for about 3 minutes.
- When reduced, check if the mixture if it needs more broth by tasting, if required add some more vegetable broth and leave to reduce again. When reduced, serve in plates and enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Mac And Cheese with Sweet Potatoes
- Take aluminum foil, place garlic head on it, pour some olive oil and wrap it in the foil.
- Place foiled garlic in oven pre-heated at 400 F to roast for 30 minutes.
- When done, unfold the foil after few seconds, place in a bowl and mash.
- Start melting margarine in a pan on medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until softens.
- Add potato noodles, black pepper and sauté for 5-8 minutes until they get softened.
- Remove the pan from flame and place another saucepan on heat.
- Start melting remaining margarine, combine yeast and black pepper.
- Add milk, cheese and simmer until cheese melts with constant stirring.
- Add garlic (roasted) or mushrooms and nutmeg.
- Combine pasta, sautéed noodles and sauce in a baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.